Adult ADHD Coaching
The following are the processes and procedures which are the highlights of our Adult ADHD Coaching Program:
- Focusing on the strengths that each person has to best manage their own lives. Naming their strengths allows adults with ADHD/ADD to use those strengths to better manage their weaknesses and promote the unique talents and skills that come with having ADHD or ADD.
- Identifying the unconscious beliefs and perspectives that are the heart of all decisions and choices adults with ADHD/ADD make allows them to see why they are getting their present results. This empowers client’s to change negative thinking patterns and disempowering beliefs in order to work toward a more successful and satisfying life.
- Understanding exactly how ADD or ADHD traits affect each of our clients serves to open their eyes to the options before them. Naming their issues and knowing how those issues affect their lives allows them to address any problems correctly and proactively.
- Revisiting how ADD and ADHD affected the client’s childhood brings the opportunity to forgive themselves for not knowing what was wrong and forgive those around them for not providing the help they needed at the time. Our clients then have the chance to go back and reinterpret their past from an informed place. This allows them to let go of blaming themselves for not being good enough or “measuring up,” so they can heal and learn how to manage their behavior in the present.
- Re-training the brain with tools and strategies for ADHD behavior and habit change including:
- Organizing one’s environment, day, week, and routine habits;
- Learning to plan ahead and prepare for the near and distant future;
- Understanding and getting control over anger, frustration, impatience and the feeling of being overwhelmed;
- Addressing communication issues such as interrupting, not listening, having to have information repeated;
- Managing distraction through medication and/or structuring one’s environment;
- Developing the ability to identify, advocate for, and actively use one’s considerable gifts that come with having ADD/ADHD.
To learn more about our ADD/ADHD Coaching Services for Adults, please contact us today or call 617-524-7670!
One on one coaching is necessary because individuals have to be able to focus and to organize themselves to be productive, carve out time to plan and vision, and to aspire to something more than is in front of them. Carol Gignoux is uniquely qualified to do this work in organizational and corporate environments where the focus is on higher productivity based on better prepared and knowledgeable workers, managers and executives. --B.C. – Entrepreneur/Wine Importer – New York, NY